Aztem’s purpose is to encourage and facilitate Australian Christians, with marketable skills, to live and witness for Christ in cross-cultural situations.
Our goals are to:
– Challenge and equip Christians to work overseas with the vision and commitment to witness and disciple cross-culturally;
– Equip members on the field to be sensitive to the receptor’s beliefs and customs and demonstrate Christian values in their life;
– Encourage commissioning and prayer by their home church;
– Facilitate accountability to their home church, fellowship/church and likeminded fellow-workers on the field and Aztem;
– Help build specific prayer support for each member on the field;
– Support members on the field with pastoral and practical care;
– Assist members with their preparation for the context of the country and situation to which they go;
– Co-operate, where appropriate, with other local and overseas organisations involved in similar work;
– Assist those members requiring additional financial support, in estabilishing and, if desired, administering a support plan.
Our core values are:
– That the good news about Jesus Christ has the power to save and to shape our lives;
– That God calls people with skills, that are employable overseas, to be involved in sharing the good news about Jesus cross-culturally; and
– Our commitment to making disciples through personal contact in daily life and work.
BELIEFS, PARTNERSHIPS AND STANDARDS
Aztem takes the Lausanne Covenant of 1974 as its doctrinal basis, a benchmark for evangelical mission. It is a member of Missions Interlink, a commission of the Evangelical Alliance of Australia and observes the financial and ministry standards of that association.
Aztem is an active member of Tentmakers International which is part of the World Evangelical Alliance. Aztem was founded in 1987.